A welcome twist to the event participant list that eliminates the awkwardness of reaching out to strangers at virtual and hybrid events
Have you ever been to an event (live or virtual), seen someone in the participant directory you knew would make your event participation worthwhile, and thought to yourself, I would love to connect with them!
Chances are that you may not have reached out to them. Or if you did, via direct message, you weren’t sure of what to say. You’re not alone. There’s a reason why thousands of articles exist on the internet on “What to Say When You’re Reaching Out to Someone on…” It’s awkward to strike up a conversation with a stranger, whether its in-person or virtually.
We have recently added a feature that makes it easy for event participants to find, reach out to, and have great conversations with valuable strangers and potential allies at events from the start.
We’re excited to introduce you to the brand new “People” feature on the Braindate platform:
How does it work?
- Browse the “People” tab in the Braindate marketplace.
- See someone you’d like to connect with? Click on their profile!
- Click on the “Invite on a braindate” button to book them for a meeting on one of the topics you have created!
- Suggest a time to meet, add a message to your invite, and hit send!
Don’t have a topic yet? The Braindate platform will prompt you to create and post a one-on-one topic that you can invite other participants to.
Why? Reaching out to someone with a request to discuss a specific topic increases the likelihood of getting a positive response from them and ultimately leads to a more intentional and meaningful conversation.
“With this feature we have designed a solution that brings more value than what’s offered by a participant directory available in most event platforms.”
Why we released this feature and what makes it unique
You’ve asked us for more ways to help your people connect with and learn from one another. Participants have also expressed the need to search for specific people that they knew would be attending your event.
With this feature we have designed a solution that brings more value than what’s offered by a participant directory available in most event platforms.
The People tab on the Braindate platform showcases an entire community of individuals who want to share their knowledge with others. More importantly, participant profiles are designed to provide you insights on participants not only as professionals, but as multi-dimensional human beings.
For example, you might want to reach out to someone because they’re a Virtual Event Producer, to discuss best practices on event design. When you go on their profile, you might discover that you both also share a love for Agatha Christie novels!
We believe that our passions and interests (things that make us unique) can function as our most powerful lead magnets. A CEO of a large company might not reach out to you if you don’t have an “Executive” in your title. But if they discover, through your Braindate profile that you both run marathons – that information could lead to an unlikely connection, and a fascinating braindate!
A lasting relationship is almost always born out of shared interests and a human connection. So, whether it’s for the purposes of exchanging knowledge or even business development, our People feature makes it possible for you to find and connect with folks across the silos of job titles, industries, and fields.
“Whether it’s for the purposes of exchanging knowledge or even business development, our People feature makes it possible for you to find and connect with folks across the silos of job titles, industries, and fields.”
How this will improve your Braindate experience:
Before, it was not possible to go on a braindate with someone unless they had created their own topic or joined a group braindate with you. Now, if you find someone you’d like to build a relationship with, you can send them an invitation about a topic you’ve created.
Here are just a few ways in which this feature will improve your Braindate experience:
- Being able to invite someone for a meeting to discuss a specific topic eliminates the awkwardness of reaching out to a stranger.
- You have the ability to choose who you’d like to speak with, and qualify the nature of that discussion!
- This feature empowers you to take charge of your learning at an event. See someone who might have valuable knowledge to share? Invite them to a braindate! You no longer have to wait for others to reach out to you.
- Can’t think of a braindate topic? No problem! The People feature still shows your profile on Braindate marketplace, giving others the opportunity to reach out to you.
- By making participants post their own topic in order to invite others, the People feature creates a setting where all conversations are topic driven (not random) and participants are more likely to form relevant, and long lasting connections.
Curious about what Braindate would look like at your event or community? Don’t be shy! Get in touch with us.